Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you create tables?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
225 Views, 4 Replies

Can you create tables?

Hi everyone- Is it possible to create tables? I saw the Excel discussion earlier and agree that it is VERY desireable to import a table. But since we can't, can we create one? My need: I want to put a zoning table together for a project that lists all zoning information (yards, frontage, FAR, etc.). The text part's easy: type it in. But try getting the lines to array properly! What's the exact distance from one line of tect to another? Arrgh! Importing a table from Excel or Word would be great. That way you can get the lines to work perfectly. Maybe we need to import as an image. Any ideas? (BTW, just getting used to Revit, so if the question's simple and easily answered, my apologies. Chris
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

BTW, tried the image import. Looks crappy.
Message 3 of 5
Steve_Stafford

Here's one you can dissect...It is an annotation family and you place it right on a sheet, drafted at 1:1 (printed size). I used labels and parameters so I could enter data on the sheet or in the properties of the symbol.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Chris, Revit can not import Tables and can not work with windows OLE objects but can work with images...so one way to insert a Table is to convert an Excel file to an image an import it to Revit... Daniel "Chris Broda" escribió en el mensaje news:41057de1$1_2@newsprd01... > Hi everyone- > > Is it possible to create tables? I saw the Excel discussion earlier and > agree that it is VERY desireable to import a table. But since we can't, can > we create one? > > My need: I want to put a zoning table together for a project that lists all > zoning information (yards, frontage, FAR, etc.). The text part's easy: type > it in. But try getting the lines to array properly! What's the exact > distance from one line of tect to another? Arrgh! > > Importing a table from Excel or Word would be great. That way you can get > the lines to work perfectly. Maybe we need to import as an image. > > Any ideas? > > (BTW, just getting used to Revit, so if the question's simple and easily > answered, my apologies. > > Chris > >
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks so much! This will really help. Chris

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report