Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we attribute same number to many sheets in 2013 ?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
SimonFalardo
805 Views, 7 Replies

Can we attribute same number to many sheets in 2013 ?

Hi 2013 users,

I'm still on 2012, but I want to know if we can have, in 2013, per sheets category the the same sheet numbering.

Ex:

Walls : A001 / A002 / A003 etc

Roof: A001 / A002 / A003 etc

An I know the bypass with adding Unicode caracter... but I can't use it with the total of 10 caracters.

Thanks for your answer !

Simon

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Can you provide a different example? Sorry, but it's not clear enough what you are trying to do.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 8

Ok, here is a simple exemple;

For each different sheet types created, I want to have the same series of sheet.

If I have 20 different sheet types, every type will have sheets number 1 to 5.

In 2012, Revit does not allow to name 2 sheets with the same number.

Is it possible in 2013 ?

Hope it's more clear now 😉

Simon

Message 4 of 8

I think sheet number are still unique in Revit.You could make them similar, using a prefix or suffix, and making the rest the same. I still don't understand the need to have duplicated names. Sorry...

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 8
CoreyDaun
in reply to: SimonFalardo

I am curious as to why one would require multiple Sheets with identical Sheet Numbers...

Why not create a Shared Parameter in the Title Block and then add that same Shared Parameter to the Project's Sheets as a Project Parameter? The downside to this is that the Sheet references would really work properly, but if you have several Sheets with the same Sheet Number, I don't imagine that the reference is that useful, anyway.

As another thought - if the Sheets with duplicate Sheet Numbers are intended to be separate drawings sets, would it be a possibility to create a separate Project file for one of those Sheets sets? You could Link in the original Project, create a series of Sheets, and then annotate since you can Tag and Schedule elements through the Link. You'd have a separate Sheet Index, too.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 8

It's for a specific use. I want to make a furniture catalog, so each furniture would have page 1 to 5 or more.

I was just hasking 2013 users before install the tryal version to test it.

So if someone can test with 2 or 3 sheet with the same number, i'll appreciate it

Thank you !

Message 7 of 8

@SimonFalardo wrote:

So if someone can test with 2 or 3 sheet with the same number, i'll appreciate it

Thank you !

Sheet names are still unique in 2013. "Sheet Number is already in use. Enter a unique number."

One of the main reasons is that Revit associates a reference with a view title. Callouts, sections, elevations, etc, they all refer to the view title of a view on a sheet. With duplicated sheet names, this association would be a mess."Where is callout 1? it's in A-101, yes, but which A-101, this one or that one?

Message 8 of 8
SimonFalardo
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I already have shared parameters for the sheets.

It would be a bit long to explain why I need it, but we tought many ways to number the sheets. And the more easy and simple way is to have same number of sheets. Othewise, the numbers become too long to fit the views references.

Making different projects is not helpfull because we will have more than 30 different furniture, so we should keep it in the same project.

Thanks for the test, I just read that it dosn't work in 2013 too.

Sorry for confusing you all, I know that is kind of outside the architectural standards  : ) 

Thanks for your help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report