Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN'T SELECT VIEWS ON A SHEET!! - REVIT 2014

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
srinehartHBM
30054 Views, 15 Replies

CAN'T SELECT VIEWS ON A SHEET!! - REVIT 2014

I have 5 views on a sheet and none of them can be selected. I can see the crop regions around the views, and their view titles are visible. I have zoomed to fit to make sure there was nothing happening outside of the sheet that I couldn't see. The views are not locked, and I can not select them. Everything was working just fine this morning.

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
CoreyDaun
in reply to: srinehartHBM

Hello, and welcome to the Discussion Groups!

I'd be willing to bet that somehow, the Viewports were hidden in the Sheet View. Activate "Reveal Hidden Elements" mode (the lightbulb button in the bottom left), and you should now be able to select your Views and click "Unhide Element" on the Ribbon.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 16
srinehartHBM
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Unfortunately the viewports are not hidden. The view titles are visible, and I looked in the hidden elements and dragged my cursor (dragged to the left) over all the views and nothing was selected.

Message 4 of 16
Jason_S

Are the View boards hidden for those views on the sheets?  I have seen this where a users hides the View (Viewport) boarder and then a couple days forgets they did that and can't select the view anymore.

Try clicking the light bulb in the lower left of the drawing window of the sheets.  This should reveal a red line around the view that has been hidden.  If you see that red line right click on it and unhide.

lightbulb.png

This should give you the ability now to select the views that you couldn't before.

Hope this helps you out.

Message 5 of 16
srinehartHBM
in reply to: Jason_S

That does not work either.

This is happening to every view on a sheet, so I don't have any sheets where some views are able to be activated and some are not. It is every view on the sheet. And it isn't happening through the entire set...thank god.

Message 6 of 16
CoreyDaun

srinehartHBM wrote:

"Unfortunately the viewports are not hidden. The view titles are visible, and I looked in the hidden elements and dragged my cursor (dragged to the left) over all the views and nothing was selected."

Sorry, misread that part where you said the titles were still visible. My next guess then, would be that the Viewports are Pinned and that the selection filter (bottom right) is set to omit Pinned elements.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 7 of 16
srinehartHBM

THATS IT!!

Thank you all for the responses!

Message 8 of 16
BarryBebart

Thank you. I didn't even know that selection filter existed and somehow must have activated it and eliminated pinned elements. This was driving me nuts for about a week with one sheet very annoying to have to go into the plan view in lieu of directly via the sheet view..
Message 9 of 16
mnancy13

Hi, I'm having the same problem now. May I know where is the filter selection located? a snapshot would be great.

Message 10 of 16
Jason_S
in reply to: mnancy13

@mnancy13 wrote:

Hi, I'm having the same problem now. May I know where is the filter selection located? a snapshot would be great.

The lower right corner of the screen.   If there is a red X that means it is active.  No X means it is off and the filter isn't applied.

filterselection.png

Hope this helps you out.

Message 11 of 16
elenachiridnik
in reply to: Jason_S

Thanks for the advise!

@Jason_S wrote:

Are the View boards hidden for those views on the sheets?  I have seen this where a users hides the View (Viewport) boarder and then a couple days forgets they did that and can't select the view anymore.

Try clicking the light bulb in the lower left of the drawing window of the sheets.  This should reveal a red line around the view that has been hidden.  If you see that red line right click on it and unhide.

lightbulb.png

This should give you the ability now to select the views that you couldn't before.

Hope this helps you out.

Message 12 of 16
ericksong

I FIXED IT. VERY FRUSTRATING. Smiley Mad

IN HIDDEN MODE THE TITLE BE IN RED, AND THE CROP WINDOW INVISABLE. YOU NEED TO DOUBLE CLICK THE VIEW AND SEE THE ICON IN THE MENU ABOVE SAYING "UNHIDE VIEW." DONE.

Message 13 of 16
daniel.kuzev

Hello all,

I had the same issue after doing the following:

I wanted to hide all the annotation in ONE particular view, so I hit VV, check off Annotations and close the VV window. It turns out that I had hit VV while NOT inside the view in question which made it so that the views couldn't be selected. Therefore, simply by activating the annotations for the sheet fixed everything. 🙂

Message 14 of 16
sals1

This resolved the problem, thank you.

Message 15 of 16
ZoharMXD5R

SUCH A BAD USER INTERFACE

Message 16 of 16
phLB628

THANK YOU 1000 TIMES!!! I would never have guessed that I had accidently hidden my view!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report