Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't select lighting using crossing (left to right)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
David125
2147 Views, 2 Replies

Can't select lighting using crossing (left to right)

I have user that placed some lights on a model and now he can't select groups of lights using crossing.  He can select them indivigually.  We are using linked models arch, mech, elec ect.. The light he is placing was downloaded off a vendors site, when he placed a revit OTB family he can select it using crossing fine. We are using revit 2011. Any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: David125

Does setting the Visual Style to Wireframe allow the fixtures to be selected via selection window? Could you post the troublesome family file here for a quick investigation?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
David125
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I think we fixed it but I'm not sure why.  The light was originally placed on a ceiling that was 10'-101/2", on the ELEC model. It was placed on the ceiling view that already existed on that model. We view range was set to TOP:10'-0", CUT PLANE: 2'-0", BOTTOM: is greyed out at 2'-0" VIEW DEPTH: Unlimited. We changed the TOP: to 11'-0". now we can select the lights using crossing. Previously, my understanding was that you can select something as long as it is visible, guess I was wrong, again..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report