Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see internal walls in 3D view of my project.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jimmcboy
5622 Views, 3 Replies

Can't see internal walls in 3D view of my project.

I have completed the structural form of my project including all slabs, columns and external walls. I have developed floor plans in AutoCAD so I have imported the plans into my plan views in lines and then drawn the internal walls on top of this. The internal walls I am using are basic cavity walls and show up in the plan view of the level I am working on. The base and top constraints have also been set appropriately. However, when I move to 3D view and hide an external view I can not see my internal walls. Any suggestions as to what my problem is? I am very new to Revit so it may be something really silly that I have overlooked. Any help would be much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
AJA14
in reply to: jimmcboy

Hi, the answer is two fold.

1- Either your walls are turned off in the Visibility graphics overrides (use VV to access that and check) or are hidden using temporary hide isolate

2- If you are modeling these walls as non bearing and you are in the structural discipline, then these walls will not appear. Make sure you read about visibility and disciplines more to understand the effects.

If this solves your problem, please Accept As Solution.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 3 of 4
jimmcboy
in reply to: AJA14

I managed to sort it out. Didn't realise I had it in the wrong discipline in the 3D view. Thank you very much for your help.
Message 4 of 4
Pride2580
in reply to: jimmcboy

Thanks so much. I had made a similar mistake too.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report