Revit Architecture

Revit Architecture

jimmcboy
Message 1 of 3 (774 Views)
Accepted Solution

Can't see internal walls in 3D view of my project.

774 Views, 2 Replies
02-06-2013 02:42 PM

I have completed the structural form of my project including all slabs, columns and external walls. I have developed floor plans in AutoCAD so I have imported the plans into my plan views in lines and then drawn the internal walls on top of this. The internal walls I am using are basic cavity walls and show up in the plan view of the level I am working on. The base and top constraints have also been set appropriately. However, when I move to 3D view and hide an external view I can not see my internal walls. Any suggestions as to what my problem is? I am very new to Revit so it may be something really silly that I have overlooked. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi, the answer is two fold.

1- Either your walls are turned off in the Visibility graphics overrides (use VV to access that and check) or are hidden using temporary hide isolate

2- If you are modeling these walls as non bearing and you are in the structural discipline, then these walls will not appear. Make sure you read about visibility and disciplines more to understand the effects.

If this solves your problem, please Accept As Solution.

Valued Mentor
AJA14
Message 2 of 3 (760 Views)

Re: Can't see internal walls in 3D view of my project.

02-07-2013 04:32 AM in reply to: jimmcboy

Hi, the answer is two fold.

1- Either your walls are turned off in the Visibility graphics overrides (use VV to access that and check) or are hidden using temporary hide isolate

2- If you are modeling these walls as non bearing and you are in the structural discipline, then these walls will not appear. Make sure you read about visibility and disciplines more to understand the effects.

If this solves your problem, please Accept As Solution.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
jimmcboy
Message 3 of 3 (745 Views)

Re: Can't see internal walls in 3D view of my project.

02-07-2013 04:44 PM in reply to: AJA14
I managed to sort it out. Didn't realise I had it in the wrong discipline in the 3D view. Thank you very much for your help.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.