Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't rotate element into this position / Autodesk Seek Approval

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
612 Views, 1 Reply

Can't rotate element into this position / Autodesk Seek Approval

Hello all,

We have recently sent the attached file to Autodesk to be reviewed for Seek standard. We have sent dozens of files to Seek before. We have not changed our process but this is the first time we came across these issues:

- "Can't rotate element into this position"

- "Any attempts to ‘break’ the pipe or snap to the end of a pipe run could not be created"

I have looked into the rotational issue in a few threads and they all suggested to the "uncheck always vertical" in Family Category and Parameters but have the "Work Plan-Based" checked. By default, this was already the setting we had but we still get the same issue. However I am able to rotate the file if I check "disjoin" before actually rotating.

As with the second issue, I am unsure how it comes up when I can definitely snap the model to ends of pipes.

Any help is appreciated!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
constantin.stroescu
in reply to: Anonymous

the family can be rotated if you check Work Plane-Based and after loading into Project use Place on Face (faces of object) or Place on Work Plane (for Levels and Named Reference Planes)

I've attached the file with the Reference Planes Visibility checked.....

Image 3.png

Image 1.png

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report