Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install "Hotfix - Autodesk Revit 2013 - Spot Elevation" on german version

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
m_latz
545 Views, 4 Replies

Can't install "Hotfix - Autodesk Revit 2013 - Spot Elevation" on german version

I've tried to install the "Hotfix - Autodesk Revit 2013 - Spot Elevation" on a german version of Revit Architecture 2013 under Windows 7 64-Bit.

I got the following error message:

Autodesk Revit 2013 Hotfix 366968 could not be installed because the expected Autodesk product(s) could not be located on your computer.

After investigating the "Revit2013_SpotElev_Hotfix_x64.msi" file, I've seen that the installer searches only for the language code 409 (english version).

But in the readme there is no hint, that this hotfix is only for the english version.

So my question: Is this Hotfix only for the english version or is it a bug in the installer file.

regards

Markus

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: m_latz

you have to Update 3 installed first

is that installed?

Make sure that Update Release 3 has been applied prior to adding the hotfix. Verify that the build number of Revit 2013 is 20130531_2115.

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
m_latz
in reply to: DarrenP

Hello Darren,

thank you for your answer.

Yes I have installed SP3 and checked for the correct build number.

That's not the problem. It is quite easy for me to modify the hotfix .MSI file so that I can also install on the german version.

The main question is: Is this hotfix also for the german version (all language versions), or only for the english version.

If the hotfix is language independent, then it's a bug in the hotfix and before I post a workaround for that, I have to know.

regards

Markus

Message 4 of 5
Tony_Michniewicz
in reply to: m_latz

Hi Markus

Your assessment of this problem is correct.  The original version of this hotfix was incorrectly limited to English versions of Revit when it should have been language independent.  We are working to resolve this problem and a new version of the hotfix should be avaiable shortly.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Revit Software QA Analyst
Message 5 of 5
m_latz
in reply to: Tony_Michniewicz

Hello Tony,

thank you for your response.

So I will wait for the new version of the hotfix.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report