Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Can't find CAD in Revit

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
sadusky
323 Views, 1 Reply

Can't find CAD in Revit

So I have been trying different toggles and several forums for the last 2 hrs trying to see what I need to do in order to get my CAD to show up on a plan view. in VV graphics the import categories is toggled. No view template is applied. Discipline is Architectural. It appears on the basement plan but not on the 1st floor. After multiple photos with my phone and matching the floor plans up exactly. The only difference is the view range and that the basement is listed as a primary under dependency and the 1st floor as independent under dependency, Does this effect my CAD? 

Any thoughts would help. I am leaving for vacation this week and want to get this out of my hair before I go.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
alex60
in reply to: sadusky

First of all, review the CAD file to see the base point location, if it is far away from the drawings, change it to a closer point. In Revit try to link or insert using Base point manual in order to see where the drawing comes with your pointer. If you don't find out the CAD is because it is outside the crop view, try to open up the crop view until you see the drawing.

Thanks in advance, Alex

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report