Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Can't find a solution for formulas for Type "X "'

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
IMCornish
1054 Views, 5 Replies

'Can't find a solution for formulas for Type "X "'

I have a problem which I can't find a solution to and wonder if anyone else has got around it?  I am building a window family with adjustable window bars (muntins) and sizeable panels.  To do this I have created some nested families which have parameters controlled by the family parameters some of which are determined by formulas.

Now, whilst the formulas all appear resolved in the 'Family Types' dialog, when the 'Apply' or 'OK' button are clicked I get an Error Dialog with the message 'Can't find a solution for formulas for Type '<Type Name>' .  Can anyone shed some light on this please? 

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: IMCornish

Would you be able to post this family (or at least some images of the formulas and such) so we can get a better idea of what you're dealing with exactly?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: CoreyDaun

This is probably a bug. I have seen it several times. It happens randomly. Suppose that your last formula was = A + B ; you try to close the window and you get this error. There are two simple solutions: erase the last formula, or make a change in the formula, and now you will be able to close the Family Types window without the error.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 4 of 6

Oh, and after that, open the Family Types window, write again the same formula that was giving you problems, and now it will work. Don't ask me why. I don't know. 🙂

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 6
IMCornish
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I would if I were able to save it.  Though I could send the file in its unfinished form and explain what I was doing that caused the problem, any good?

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
Message 6 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: IMCornish

Sure, and you could just attach a screen capture of what you had that prompted that error.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report