Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't download Revit on my new computer

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
mlansing5
552 Views, 6 Replies

Can't download Revit on my new computer

I've tried to download Revit a few times and I've gotten it to now I can't download Revit Server 2014. It says I have not met the minimum system requirements are not met. It needs Windows Server 2008 or higher and I have a brand new computer so my server does met the requirement. Please help
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
rosskirby
in reply to: mlansing5

Not much we can do to help.  If your computer doesn't meet the minimum system requirements, then it doesn't meet the minimum system requirements.  You'll have to upgrade whichever component is not adequate (operating system, memory, etc.).

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 3 of 7
mlansing5
in reply to: rosskirby

I do met the requirements. I have Windows 8 on my laptop. Why is Revit saying I dont
Message 4 of 7
rosskirby

Windows 8 and Windows Server are not the same thing.  Revit Server needs to run on Windows Server (2008 R2 I believe is the most stable), not on Windows 8.

Can you clarify why you need Revit Server?  It's mainly for multiple offices in separate locations that need to use worksharing on a single model, and if you're just downloading and installing Revit to run on your machine, there would be no need for it.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 5 of 7
mlansing5
in reply to: rosskirby

Im trying to download Revit 2014 for my class homework. The serve isn't downloading tho because I don't have the right server I guess. anyway to fix this?
Message 6 of 7
rosskirby

I'm not sure I'm explaining this well.  If you're just using Revit 2014 for your class homework, then you don't need Revit Server (or Windows Server) at all.  Just download Revit 2014 and install it, and you'll be good to go.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 7 of 7
drp281

@mlansing5 wrote:
 The serve isn't downloading tho because I don't have the right server I guess. anyway to fix this?

i would also suggest talking to your Teacher for help and see if Revit Server is required

and i would also recommend doing some research on the different Windows OSs

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report