Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add doors in Curtain Walls

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
11013 Views, 7 Replies

Can't add doors in Curtain Walls

I have set up the curtain wall guides and tabbed through the panels to select the panel I want to put a door on. For some reason, when I select the panel and try to change the properties, no doors appear in the drop down menu. I have several door families loaded and in use in my model already, including the default revit ones and some downloaded families yet they don't seem to show as an option to replace the selected panel with. A previous model didn't have this problem using the same method. Are there any settings that I am missing or any fixes?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
constantin.stroescu
in reply to: Anonymous

verify these:

1. after selecting the panel in Elevation View (using TAB) , Unpin the panel so to can  change its type
  2. when you load a door family ,pay attention to be a Curtain Wall Door

Image 4.png

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Hi,

Please follow the attached images which are very much helpful for your problem.

1. Image-01:- Simple Curtain Wall with Mullions.

2. Image-02:- Use Tab for select the glass segment where you want to fix a door.

3. Image-03:- After selecting a glass segment to Properties > Edit Type > Type Properties > Load > Door Family > Select Curtain Wall category glass single or double glass door > Ok > Ok 

4. Image-04:- Curtain Wall with Curtain Glass Door

5. Image-05:- Fix bottom mullion and select the door's bottom mullion and delete it.

6. Image-06:- Curtain Wall with Door is ready for use.

Thanks & regards,

Subhradeep Sen

Kolkata

India

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Hi,

Please find the rest attached files for Curtain Wall Glass Door fixing.

Thanks & regards,

Subhradeep Sen

Kolkata

India

Message 5 of 8

Hello I have problem with Curtain Wall Door that I try to load from Load Family but Its not work. I can't open Curtain Wall Door from Loading Family. I'm using 2016 Version.Screenshot at Aug 19 15-21-11.png

Message 6 of 8
ToanDN
in reply to: ModernArchWorld

What is the error message? Check your Project Browser see if it is loaded there. Keep in mind that you cannot insert Curtain Wall door to Curtain Wall like you would Door to Wall. You need to select Curtain Panel(s) and change them to Curtain Wall door.
Message 7 of 8
ModernArchWorld
in reply to: ToanDN

Hello Can you send with a picture step by step that how to do. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone
Message 8 of 8
ToanDN
in reply to: ModernArchWorld

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report