Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Revit do this?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
284 Views, 2 Replies

Can Revit do this?

Hi all,

I have a commercial-type flat roof and need to add roof drains to the center of the roof. What I want is for Revit to be able to tell me based on inputting a desired area (based on IPC) how many roof drains I will need. And I want this to be dynamic, incase the roof changes that it can recalc that.

I hope this makes sense. Having a Civil 3D background, the closest thing I can relate it to are parcels. I specify a total area and subdivide that based on desired area. Same concept for roof drains. I know at a certain roof area, that my horizontal pipe size needs to increase, which will be a problem because the walls cannot accomodate that size. So, by decreasing the area, I can get to the area and thus the correct roof drain size needed. And I haven't even addressed parapet wall height and the needed cals for that to be figured into the roof drain area calc. 🙂

So, can Revit do this? If so, please elaborate.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
arunag
in reply to: Anonymous

I haven't tried but may be you can explore this quick observation: you can use the room seperator or area boundary line .Tag them to see the areas instantly & if the boundary lines are locked with respect to Roof lines & Reference planes, they will change according to the roof changes. 

Sorry for not able to eloborate for now...

Aruna
School of Architecture
Ramaiah Institute of Technology
Bangalore
Message 3 of 3
loboarch
in reply to: Anonymous

You can create a roof schedule and include the area parameter from roofs.  Then create a calculated value for drains and put in your formula for the amount of roof drains needed.

drain_schedule.png

schedule_properties.png

So in this example i am grabbing the area from the roof element and then created a calculated value of "Drains Req'd".  I used a formula to get the number.  Area / 300 (I just picked a number out of the sky).  I alos included the "roundup" function putting my formula in () so I would get a whole number rounded up from the result of the formula.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report