Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I save this 'viewer mode' file somehow?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
urprobablyright
4069 Views, 3 Replies

Can I save this 'viewer mode' file somehow?

I just installed Revit 2013 earlier in the evening, then managed to evade the prompt to register my license (accidentally closed it then it didn't open again when i restarted) and did THREE HOURS OF WORK before realising that the program was locked in 'viewer mode' and that i could not save the dozens of modifications I have made this evening.

I opened a congruent Revit window and finalised my licensing process, and am able to save in this other window, but my viewer mode program has not updated or recognized this development and I am staring down the barrel of going to sleep having wasted an evening!

Is there something I can do?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
vector3
in reply to: urprobablyright

You didn't lose anything. Just go to Help> "Product and License Information">

and take it out of Demo and put it into Standalone

Message 3 of 4

I've done the same thing!! Please help me!!! I have just finished a project not realising I was even in "Viewer Mode"! Anyone??????? I don't understand the above comment?

Message 4 of 4
eccross
in reply to: urprobablyright

Unfortunately there is little you can do at this point.  When Revit Viewer is opened, it displays a message saying that you won't be able to save, and won't be able to print if you make changes.  There is no option to add a license to this program and you won't be able to copy items out of the program.  😕  Sorry

Eric Cross
Ewing Cole - CAD/BIM Technician
www.ewingcole.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report