Revit Architecture

urprobablyright
Message 1 of 4 (1,005 Views)

Can I save this 'viewer mode' file somehow?

1005 Views, 3 Replies
07-12-2012 05:46 AM

I just installed Revit 2013 earlier in the evening, then managed to evade the prompt to register my license (accidentally closed it then it didn't open again when i restarted) and did THREE HOURS OF WORK before realising that the program was locked in 'viewer mode' and that i could not save the dozens of modifications I have made this evening.

I opened a congruent Revit window and finalised my licensing process, and am able to save in this other window, but my viewer mode program has not updated or recognized this development and I am staring down the barrel of going to sleep having wasted an evening!

Is there something I can do?

Valued Contributor
vector3
Message 2 of 4 (982 Views)

Re: Can I save this 'viewer mode' file somehow?

07-12-2012 11:22 AM in reply to: urprobablyright

You didn't lose anything. Just go to Help> "Product and License Information">

and take it out of Demo and put it into Standalone

lucy.walsh
Message 3 of 4 (881 Views)

09-23-2012 11:31 PM in reply to: urprobablyright

I've done the same thing!! Please help me!!! I have just finished a project not realising I was even in "Viewer Mode"! Anyone??????? I don't understand the above comment?

crewmancross
Message 4 of 4 (373 Views)

10-16-2013 08:45 AM in reply to: urprobablyright

Unfortunately there is little you can do at this point.  When Revit Viewer is opened, it displays a message saying that you won't be able to save, and won't be able to print if you make changes.  There is no option to add a license to this program and you won't be able to copy items out of the program.  :/  Sorry

Eric Cross
Ewing Cole - CAD/BIM Technician
www.ewingcole.com
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.