Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i export a 3d section from revit?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
mthemelis
486 Views, 6 Replies

just like in adt (export live section)?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: mthemelis

mthemelis wrote: > Can i export a 3d section from revit? > just like in adt (export live section)? Yes. Create a 3D view, and then turn on the Section Box.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Yes you can, even better than ADT because ADT's 'so called' live section isn't as 'alive' as the Revit one [remember, Revit drawings actually consist of a single model.. therefore there's no chance to get discrepancies between drawings] > Can i export a 3d section from revit? > just like in adt (export live section)?
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

No, you can't export a 3d section in dwg, or better you can eport a 3d view section, but when you open in autocad you see all the model and the box of section. It is only for work in revit.. "mthemelis" ha scritto nel messaggio news:20312367.1094691491303.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Can i export a 3d section from revit? > just like in adt (export live section)?
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Now you're awake Simone ~ I guess I was still rubbing the sleep out of my eyes when I gave my reply... thanx for setting things straight, I thought we were talking Revit abilities but the questions was particulary directed to DWG output. I guess someone wants to render 3D sections in VIZ or something? I'm not sure but, don't most rederers have such capacity? (I know sketchup does) "s" schreef in bericht news:41401a85$1_2@newsprd01... > No, you can't export a 3d section in dwg, or better you can eport a 3d view > section, but when you open in autocad you see all the model and the box of > section. It is only for work in revit.. > "mthemelis" ha scritto nel messaggio > news:20312367.1094691491303.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > Can i export a 3d section from revit? > > just like in adt (export live section)? > >
Message 6 of 7
mthemelis

thanks,

i know revit creates lovely 3d sections
but i was wondering if there is a way of exporting it.

cheers
mike
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

You can export a section box 3d view if you place the view on a sheet in Revit and then export to acad You get a 2d acad drawing of the section I think its not wat your after but then again maybe it is... Nic "mthemelis" wrote in message news:13867280.1094734490598.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > thanks, > > i know revit creates lovely 3d sections > but i was wondering if there is a way of exporting it. > > cheers > mike

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report