Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone help with the 'Metric Generic Model roof based' template?!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
DylanRead
1320 Views, 3 Replies

Can anyone help with the 'Metric Generic Model roof based' template?!

I made a family with this template, did 'something' and then it refused to place the family on a roof host, instead trying to insert it one floor level above the roof.

by setting the 'upper ref. level' from 4000 to 0, it's sits at the same level as 'lower ref level' and the family now places and cuts its host.

I only produce families, hence draw 4 walls and a roof in a project to check that they cut. So, my question is, will something awful happen to the users project that inserts this family seeing as Upper and Lower ref level are at 0 ?!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: DylanRead

There is not anything wrong with the template. The issue that you are reporting, the same as in the other thread, is an issue with that family in particular. Something is wrong in the family, with the hosts of the objects. It's not a problem of the template.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 4
DylanRead
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

no no, I appreciate that, I've made quite a few families with this template, so know that it is sound. Basically, I'm saying, whatever the issue was, I've fixed it by putting the two ref levels at the same level on top of eachother.

after inserting it into a few roofs, adjusting parameters etc. the family seems stable, so I'd be glad to say it's now fine and release it.

What worries me, is that putting two levels which previously referenced two different floors (I assume) on top of each other may do odd things to a users project?

If they're just there to aid in the construction of the family though, I'm inclined to say it's ok?

Message 4 of 4
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: DylanRead

I see... You said you have tested it already and it is working well now? Well, putting the reference levels together is a "fix" that is not usually required for other roof-based families. I don't know if that is going to work well in all situations. Try to do more tests in more roofs and see if it works.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report