Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a door family read the fire rating of a wall?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
maraguir
656 Views, 2 Replies

Can a door family read the fire rating of a wall?

I don't know if this is possible, but can a door family read the rating of a wall and also have it read in the door schedule? I have tried applying a shared parameter on the door family and adding it in the project. I am not understanding how I can link the two together. Please help!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: maraguir

No. That relation wall-door in regards to the fire rating is not available through parameters in the way that you have described.  A common solution is to handle this via visibility graphics, as a way to have a visual control of the fire rated values of doors and walls.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 3
loboarch
in reply to: maraguir

It is possible via API tools but it is all custom programming.  There is no "out of the box" solution for this.  There is a video of an AU presentation showing how this can be done at this blog site.

http://jasongrant.squarespace.com/jason-grant-blog/week/2009-12-06-to-2009-12-12

The part talking about what they did in the API to read the fire rating of the host wall and apply a value to the door is at about 38 minutes into the video.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report