Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calculated Weight Structures STEEL

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
GHASEM_ARIYANI
2288 Views, 6 Replies

calculated Weight Structures STEEL

Hi

I have a question In Topic I raised the following:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Revit-Structure/calculated-Weight-Structures-STEEL/td-p/44517...

Now My question It is When Estimate Volume of steel columns How Account Calculation  Is؟

And Also Weight Total Structures How can We calculated?

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

I know that:

Cross section * length = volume

volume Revit Structure2.jpg

But The parameter Which Part Column Defined Edit Family Look at Something I did not see.

volume Revit Structure3.jpg

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 7

hi

I compared  Between Revit And Inventor :

I Made A Beam with:

L 4000mm and IPE 220 In the Both software(Revit-inventor)

Calculation Weight As follows Is shown:

Revit Calculation Weight:

volume Revit Structure4.jpg

Inventor Calculation Weight:

volume Revit Structure5.jpg

What is the weight difference?

Is my calculation is incorrect?

Message 4 of 7
awes
in reply to: GHASEM_ARIYANI

According to Euronorm 19-57 the weight per meter for a IPE 220 profile is 26.2 kg/m and section area 0.00334 m2.

4 m x 26.2 kg/m = 104.8 kg which means that the section area for a IPE 220 Revit family type is not that exact (3% difference). In a 100 ton project the difference is worth 10-15 000 €.

Well it's also of good practice to check the density of steel 7800...7850 kg/m3. There's also a round-off error involved and I recommend you to check the steel profiles you use using a handbook.

It's frustrating but you better check the OOB content before using it for real world purposes.

Message 5 of 7

hi

Thank you very much for the answers and tips.

Message 6 of 7
GHASEM_ARIYANI
in reply to: awes

Weight Total Structures How can We calculated?

Message 7 of 7
awes
in reply to: GHASEM_ARIYANI

I suggest that you first give position numbers for all members to be schedule. Use the extension 'Element numbering' under ribbon title 'Extensions'. This extension will put a position number into the 'Mark' parameter.

In the Properties window for your framing schedule you select 'Formatting', select schedule key/ parameter 'Weight' and select 'Calculate totals'. Remember to include 'Mark' into your schedule.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report