Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculated Value

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
ennujozlagam
2218 Views, 10 Replies

Calculated Value

Hi, Maybe you can help me with this I created calculated value Plot Ratio (Gross Floor Area/Site Area = Plot Ratio) but it come out result is "0". Any reason why it didnt calculted properly or what is the correct formula to achieve the coreect answers?

Please see Attached.

Thank you

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

That's strange. The formula is correct, and the type of data (number) is correct. I made a test with the same values, and I obtained a result, as shown in this image. There must be some other setting in your project causing this, but that is difficult to determine without seeing the file.

12-14-2013 4-18-05 AM.jpg

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 11

Hi Alfredo,

Thank you for your reply, How are you going to access my file and how can you help me?

Thank you.

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 4 of 11

If you can post here a reduced, simplified, purged, version of your file showing that schedule, go ahead.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 11

Hi Alfredo,

Thank you, I deleted the building structure but left the area, area tags and boundary lines because of the confidentiality of the projects im sorry about that.

i also attached screen shot because i cannot create Area Plan for " Site Area". What i did i used the road level then rename it as site plan, i dont know if this is correct?

Please see attached.

Thank you.

Message 6 of 11

Plot ratio is = Gross Floor Area / Site Area , and Gross Floor Area has its own formula, which is if(Site, Area, 0 m²).

Site is a yes/no parameter, which at the moment is null, meaning not yes, nor no.

Solution: turn Site to be On, so that Gross Floor Area can take the value of Area, and therefore, Plot Ratio can obtain a value, too.

12-14-2013 10-03-56 PM.jpg

Message 7 of 11

Hi Alfredo,

Thank you for your reply, I Followed your instruction. But it seems like doesnt work (please see attached)

My total Gross floor area is the combinaation of from 1st storey to Lift motor room (Can seeit my posted RVT file.)

Total GFA is combination of "Production + Ancillary + Other Ancillary + Ancillary Office = Gross Floor Area"

Thank you

Message 8 of 11
ennujozlagam
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Continue Attachment...

Message 9 of 11
aghis_no
in reply to: ennujozlagam

If I understad well you must have several "area"s that form you global "gross area". And from the images you sent, i presume that, in order to have the global "gross area" you have probably unchecked the "itemize every instance" on the "sorting/grouping" tab of the schedule properties.

I suggest (in order to have the formula working) to try going to the "formating" tab of the schedule properties and check the "calculate totals" for each field concerned by the formula.

Hope this will work

aghis

Message 10 of 11

Your initial question was about the "Plot Ratio" parameter not reporting any value. I have explained that it shows 0 because there is a Yes/No parameter that is NULL. Set that value to YES, and the Plot Ratio will start reporting a value. That's all. It seems that you are expanding the topic of your question to many other topics and detailes of your project that I am not familiar with.

Message 11 of 11

Hi Alfredo,

Thank you very much for your help. I think i had already done what ever you suggested in your last posted anwers, but it seem the result is still the same.

Please find attached.

Regards.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report