Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculated Value Conditional

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mikifox
234 Views, 2 Replies

Calculated Value Conditional

Been too long since I've written any programming languages and I am hoping on of you guys can help me. I am in the process of creating a room schedule with the comments stating 'carpet', 'vinyl', or 'n/a'. What I want to happen is to have two Grand Total fields displaying the total area for carpet and vinyl, I'm just not sure how to write the conditional. So far, I have come up with this and gotten stuck;

if(Comments==Carpet; +Area, )

Basically, check if the Comments field says Carpet, if it does, add the amount within the Area field for that room to the running total and move on, else move on to next room.

Any help would be appreciated. If it is not able to do this, let me know that as well.

Thanks.

EDIT: If I am going about this all wrong, please let me know that as well.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: mikifox

Revit does not allow text data as the condition to evaluate in an IF statement. You can use integers, numbers, yes/no parameters, but no text.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 3

But you don't need to create formulas for obtaining square footage of carpet or vinyl, though. You can obtain that by manipulating the schedule settings for sorting and grouping, formatting, etc.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report