Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calatrava's Turning Torso

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Cadkiller
5926 Views, 9 Replies

Calatrava's Turning Torso

Group;

I've attempted to model his building with Revit and have come up against a problem when I get to the diagonal braces. I'm having trouble with getting a work plane established for these members. See the attached picture.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

From;
Ed Borg
Precision Drafting LLC null
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
sbrown
in reply to: Cadkiller

check augi, there is a thread on this same building and someone had it all modelled, diag braces too.
Message 3 of 10
Cadkiller

Scott;

I have and I also figured out how to create them on my own. Not such an easy task. I really wish that reference lines could be used in the actual model to establish reference planes. Where the reference lines can snap to other lines in different planes like Autocad does. Also if I could create work planes by object, 3 point or view and be able to rotate the view to match the work plane. This is very fustrating and I never felt like this when using the UCS in Autocad.

From;
Ed Borg
Message 4 of 10
sbrown

Why not make the diagnol brace a separate structural family then you could easily control its parameters.
Message 5 of 10
Cadkiller

I created a structural component and created it in place. Should I have done it a different way? The parameters are limited unless I should be adding parameters to the in place member.

From;
Ed Borg
Message 6 of 10
sbrown

In place families aren't good for repeating elements, I would build it in the family editor.
Message 7 of 10
arcabhijeet

Hi Friends,

I recently modeled the Turning Torso as a mass family (yes family rather than project) using reference lines to guide the floor geometry and some parameters to control their orientation and level. The complete documentation can be seen at 
http://arcabhijeet.blogspot.com/2011...ing-model.html

Hope this helps.

Best,
Abhijeet

Message 8 of 10
Alfredo_Medina

Great model. Very interesting. Thanks for sharing!

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 9 of 10
mayra_karla22

Message 10 of 10
surya18
in reply to: arcabhijeet

sir,

which software will be useful for analysing the building?

and if you have a tutorial for modelling and analysing, please upload it sir

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report