Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cad Link Rotating

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
htimsm
1091 Views, 3 Replies

Cad Link Rotating

I have noticed an issue and had a question about process.

I have:

1.  Linked Cad Center to Center with Project North current in Site View

2.  Rotated and moved the cad file to the correct project north location and orientation

3.  Unclipped PB and SP

4.  Aquired coordinates from the Cad dwg

5.  Reclipped PB SP

Everthing works fine

If I unload/reload the dwg with the view set to True North the dwg rotates out of postion based on the original rotation.

If I reload with the view set to Project North the CAD file orients correctly

Is there a general best practices for keeping the drawing static.  I've read the blogs about using a dummy xref file.

Thanks!

Marla

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: htimsm

From your workflow, steps 3 and 5 are not necessary. Try again, with 2 files that have not been related yet with shared coordinates, and without those steps.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 4

Marla-

I have seen this problem on several projects at this point.  I believe you are seeing a Revit bug with linked cad site plans used to establish shared coordinates that goes way back. Apparently Autodesk is aware of the bug I've learned, from reading many forum posts going back to 2007.  

This post has a workflow to get around the bug.  So far, Leaving a maintenance site plan view set to project north is holding my current project together:

AUGI-Thread: importing DWG surveys & acquiring coordinates

Let me know how this works

Good luck!

Message 4 of 4

Hi,

Firstly thanks for linking to my post on the AUGI Forum - posted 7 years ago.

Secondly I am posting here because I cannot believe that Autodesk have not sorted out a simple bug on linked DWGs.

The screenshots below shows how shared coordinates just do not work if the view is set to True North

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report