Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cad file in linked revit file not showing up

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sjohnson16
4697 Views, 4 Replies

Cad file in linked revit file not showing up

I have two separate Revit files.  One for the site and one for the building.  In my site file I have a linked CAD file.  When I link my site revit file to my building revit file, the Cad file that is linked to my site revit file does not show up.  How do I get that to show up?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sjohnson16
in reply to: sjohnson16

I realized that the CAD file actually did import with the Site revit file.  However, it is hidden.  The "unhide element" option is greyed out.  How do I now get this to be unhidden?

Message 3 of 5
alopez
in reply to: sjohnson16

I have the exact same problem. Can anybody help?
Message 4 of 5
enslinj
in reply to: alopez

Hi,

If I understand you correctly, the solutions is in a typical Visibility / graphics setting.
Linked Revit files by default adopt the view settings of the host file & while all the information travels across (like you noticed) you won’t see it till you specifically set it be visible.

In your building file, go to floor plan you want to see the combination of your building file & the Revit site link + CAD drawing.

Keyboard shortcut: VV or VG for Visibility Graphics, Click Revit Links, & Click on "By host view" for the linked site file.

The easy option, change to "By linked View" & from the drop down select the preferred view you wish to see you link as. Click OK till you back to the drawing area & you should see your link display exactly as it looks in the "original file".

Alternatively select custom, click imported categories, select custom again & notice all fields that were greyed are now available. Just as a fyi, same custom rule applies to all your VG tabs....meaning you can entirely control what you see from a link file & how see it

Hope this helps, if not can create screen shots for you

Message 5 of 5
alopez
in reply to: enslinj

That is exactly the solution to my problem!

Thank you so much...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report