Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAD file fails to be imported,

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
JamaL9722060
905 Views, 6 Replies

As I attempted to import dwg file, I got the message below. What might be the problem?

The dwg file is attached

Thank you

Best

Jamal

Clip_150.jpg

---------------------------
Jamal Numan
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: JamaL9722060

On that popup, the sentence in black in smaller letters explains the fix needed.
Message 3 of 7
JamaL9722060
in reply to: pendean

many thanks.

the dwg is already exploded, nevertheless, the problem is still there!

Jamal Numan
Message 4 of 7
CoreyDaun

I was unable to open your .dwg file to test (I only have Revit 2013 installed at the moment), but I have read about a possible solution in the past that instructed to purge out all blocks and delete the existing Layout tabs. All of your geometry is in Modelspace, right?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 7
JamaL9722060
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Many thanks for the answer.

I’m attaching the dwg file with version 2000. I purged but the problem persists to exist.

What might other solutions be?

Clip_169.jpg

Clip_170.jpg

Jamal Numan
Message 6 of 7
CoreyDaun

The source of this error appears to the OLE Object, the imported image. See image below. Upon deleting it and importing into Revit, the error desisted. The image does not appear to come through at all when imported.

ImportImage.JPG

I will suggest importing the dwg file into a new Detail Item Family. Then you can import the image into Revit from there. Load this family into Revit and you shouldn't have any more issues with this.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 7 of 7
JamaL9722060
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thank you for the prompt answer. Sounds to work fine. Very much appreciated.

Best

Jamal

Clip_178.jpg

Jamal Numan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report