Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building pads

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
barry
821 Views, 1 Reply

Building pads

I have a sloping site on which I have created a topo surface and then created a graded region to suit the proposed surface levels.

I have a basement car park partially below the footprint of the building structure above. The building structure sits on top of a podium slab the top of which is below what is to be the finished ground level of my graded region.

Whenever I use a pad to remove the ground within the confines of the basement it cuts away the topo surface above the basement but outside of the building footprint. i.e. it cuts away my finished ground surface as well.

This looks wrong in my 3d views where I want to show a landscaped grassed area over the roof areas of the basement.

Is there any way I can I can set Revit to cut away the building pad volume between the basement floor slab and say the top of the podium slab roof only, thus leaving the topo surface visible above this level in all other views.

Am I doing something wrong. Any help much appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
constantin.stroescu
in reply to: barry

I'm afraid that Topsurface do not allow you to make building pads on a limited height as you want...
I suggest ,in such a case , to use a terrain made by Mass- Model in Place
see my post tagged :Terrain by Massing : Re: Toposurface and contour lines
from 10-15-2013 09:55 PM
Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report