Revit Architecture

cmiddlemis
Message 1 of 3 (131 Views)

Building orientation

131 Views, 2 Replies
12-07-2004 07:16 PM
Is there a way to set up a reference plane to a certain angle to match building orientation? I have tried this but it wants to send me into a 3d view. I guess the auto cad equivalent is to rotate the ucs. I have also looked at project and true north but have had no success. Is one of these option the correct way to do it, or is there another?
*Scott Davis
Message 2 of 3 (131 Views)

Re: Building orientation

12-07-2004 08:37 PM in reply to: cmiddlemis
Project north and True north are the way....go to Tools>Locations and Coordinates> Rotate this Project/True North "cmiddlemis" wrote in message news:18003875.1102475795287.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Is there a way to set up a reference plane to a certain angle to match building orientation? I have tried this but it wants to send me into a 3d view. I guess the auto cad equivalent is to rotate the ucs. I have also looked at project and true north but have had no success. Is one of these option the correct way to do it, or is there another?
cmiddlemis
Message 3 of 3 (131 Views)

Re: Building orientation

12-07-2004 08:40 PM in reply to: cmiddlemis
It worked with the project and true north function, I worked out why it didn't work before. I had a site survey in the view which was hidden by the crop region which made the centre of rotation out of view, untill I zoomed to fit. Then it was a breeze.
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.