Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building orientation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
cmiddlemis
213 Views, 2 Replies

Building orientation

Is there a way to set up a reference plane to a certain angle to match building orientation? I have tried this but it wants to send me into a 3d view. I guess the auto cad equivalent is to rotate the ucs. I have also looked at project and true north but have had no success. Is one of these option the correct way to do it, or is there another?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: cmiddlemis

Project north and True north are the way....go to Tools>Locations and Coordinates> Rotate this Project/True North "cmiddlemis" wrote in message news:18003875.1102475795287.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Is there a way to set up a reference plane to a certain angle to match building orientation? I have tried this but it wants to send me into a 3d view. I guess the auto cad equivalent is to rotate the ucs. I have also looked at project and true north but have had no success. Is one of these option the correct way to do it, or is there another?
Message 3 of 3
cmiddlemis
in reply to: cmiddlemis

It worked with the project and true north function, I worked out why it didn't work before. I had a site survey in the view which was hidden by the crop region which made the centre of rotation out of view, untill I zoomed to fit. Then it was a breeze.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report