Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

building elevation variable depth option?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dgizzim0
1028 Views, 1 Reply

building elevation variable depth option?

I have a highrise that steps inward in various areas. Since I model structural concrete, there are no window walls stopping my depth of view.

Is there an option where I can vary my depth in areas? I don't want to create more views. An option is to halftone the areas that are iset and hide walls that are way in the interior, but this is very time consuming. In addidtion, if I halftone a slab, the slab portions that are not inset turn halftone too, then I have to fix the linework.

Am I acting too spoiled or are these options available?

See attachment

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
loboarch
in reply to: dgizzim0

Revit does not have any kind of automatic depth cueing tools for elevation or section views (or any view for that matter.)  Any solution is going to be rather manual.  You can use linework, multiple views, or other solutions.  About the only ways to add some "depth" to a view automatically would be to cast shadows.  That typically makes an elevation read better but may not be acceptable in the situation.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report