Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser Organization Filters

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bdmarmor
804 Views, 3 Replies

Browser Organization Filters

I created a project parameter called "Appears in Browser" as a "Yes/No" type for Views Categories.

I created a custom Browser Organization for Views Filtered By "Appears in Browser" equal to "Yes"

This works great except for those views which are neither checked Yes or No... for instance any NEW view!  I can get new views to appear by changing the filter to be equal to "None", but then the "Yes" views do not show up.

You would think if I set the filter to "Appears in Browser" NOT Equal to "No" this would solve the problem, but it does not.  Am I doing something wrong?

I desperately want to change the "AND" logic to "OR" logic so I can have two filters set to "Appears in Browser" equals to "Yes" OR "Appears in Browser" equal to "None".

Two Questions:

1) Where Can I add this comment to a WISHLIST for future releases?

2) Is there any other way to acheive a "Yes" or "None" filter or filter to Show All but "No"

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: bdmarmor

You're right - this seems to flat out just not want to function correctly. Doesn't work with Text, an Integer, or even a Length Parameter (cannot filter by a Length Parameter, apparently). The work-around I see at the moment is to put an "X" into the "Title on Sheet" Parameter for the Views you want to hide, and set the filter to Not Equal to "X". This seems to work, at least...

⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗
Welcome to the Autodesk forums, bdmarmor!
Feel free to post any questions you may have! There are many experienced users here who generously contribute their time and effort to supporting
their peers. This is an open, peer-supported forum, so feel free to contribute any useful information or experiences to any of the topics you see here.
We hope you'll stick around a while and help strengthen the value of this community!
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Be sure to review the Ground Rules, visit the FAQ Forum, and use the Search feature prior to posting a question, as it's likely been asked before.
⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
revitus
in reply to: bdmarmor

I'm trying to do something somewhat similar, but having no luck - please help.

I am setting up a number of Schedule Keys to drive input values for our company standardized Door Schedule.  I want to Filter the Schedule Key Views from the Project Browser (since there may be many, and since the information is standardized and not to be changed).

My approach was to set up a View Template (I'm using 2013) that apply to Schedule views called Filtered Schedule Keys and then modify my Browser Organization to include a Filter by: View Template and set it Equal to Filtered Schedule Keys.  The problem is that Revit won't let me choose this View Template in the Browser Organization Properties settings.

Why doesn't my Schedule View Template appear on this Filter list?

Why can't I Filter using View Name with a "Contains" or "Does Not Contain" instead of just "Equal To" or "Not Equal To"?

The Schedule Key views don't have a "Title on Sheet" so I can't use the previous suggestion.  Any other workarounds for now to acheive what I'm after?

Message 4 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: revitus

Unfortunately, Legends and Schedule Views simply cannot be filtered in the Project Browser. Notice that the Browser Filter name is listed in parentheses beside the header only for the headers "Views" and "Sheets". I would suggest prefixing the View Name of all of the Schedules Keys with a symbol such as "§" which will sort them at the bottom of the list. Maybe you could even add the suffix "(Do NOT Edit!)" to the View Name as well.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report