Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Break Lines not hiding in RCP

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
josh
6531 Views, 7 Replies

Break Lines not hiding in RCP

I am using the default Revit break lines in a few of my plans, and they work great. But when I insert them into an RCP, the masking regoin does not mask anything. Tried send to front/back, copying, inserting new. My other masking regions will still work as they are supposed to, but this break line does not.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
josh
in reply to: josh

A quick work-around is to create a masking region and break line seperately that mimic the actual thing. But I am still looking for an explanation as to why it won't work if anyone has any ideas.

Message 3 of 8
alan.quinn

I cannot re-create the issue. Look at Level 1 RCP in the attached file. If you are still seeing the same issue please produce a similar sample file and attach.

Thanks for posting.

Message 4 of 8
rosskirby

Make sure that view isn't set to wireframe.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 5 of 8
josh
in reply to: rosskirby

This was it, simple solution. I have found the Roof Framing Plans look more the way I like them and are easier to control as wireframe RCPs.
Message 6 of 8
rosskirby

Simple solutions are the best kind.  Smiley Happy  Glad I could help.

If you find yourself working in wireframe a lot, it might be useful to set up two separate views, one that goes on the sheet, and one that you work in (i.e annotation views and working views, respectively).  That way you don't have to worry about something looking wonky when you go to issue drawings.  We have all of our views set up that way (except drafting views, legends, etc., of course), along with a separate presentation set of views.  Each has their own view template to control what is/isn't visible, v/g overrides, filters, etc.   A little more complicated to set up and get used to, but ultimately more productive and efficient in the long run.

Good luck to you.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 7 of 8
rosalva.cutino
in reply to: rosskirby

The break line doesn't show the mask region

Message 8 of 8

genius.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report