Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boot Camp with Windows 7, REVIT freezes after a couple minutes, HELP

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
mwood16
1656 Views, 8 Replies

Boot Camp with Windows 7, REVIT freezes after a couple minutes, HELP

I have Windows 7 installed on my MacBook Pro with Retina Display installed with Boot Camp. I have AutoCAD 2012, 3DS Max 2013 and Revit 2013 installed. However, Everytime I open up Revit, it freezes within a couple minutes. WHY?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

I'm having the same problem with Revit.

Message 3 of 9
mdobroth
in reply to: mwood16

I am experiencing the same problem with the same running set-up (macbook pro with retina, windows 7)... Any sugggestions out there?

Message 4 of 9

I've solved the issue. Revit 2014 is working perfectly on Windows 8 using bootcamp.

Message 5 of 9

Hi Christopher,

do I understand it correctly, that there are no problems using MacBook Pro with Retina display under Bootcamp/Windows 8 with Revit 2014??

Mike

Message 6 of 9
kpmoon
in reply to: christopher.kotmel

I also have the same problem 

seems like youve solve the problem

could you please tell me how to make 

revit to run properly

running on mac book pro 15 retina display bootcamp

windows 8 

thank you for your time

sincerely, 

Justin Moon

Message 7 of 9
dandantodd
in reply to: kpmoon

I have a MacBook Pro 15" Retina Display and I'm running Boot Camp with Windows 8, but Revit is flickering uncontrollably and I cannot use the properties bar or the ribbon without hovering over it. Have you resolved the issue?

Message 8 of 9
rosskirby
in reply to: dandantodd

Any time something flickers or doesn't display properly (i.e. jumps around on the screen, or is transparent when it shouldn't be, etc.), I immediately suspect the video card.  Can you post which video card is installed on your machine, and whether or not its drivers are up to date?  

Also, what version of .NET is your Windows partition running?  I've seen that affect the ribbon, but it could conceivable affect other toolbars as well.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 9 of 9
BIMgirl
in reply to: dandantodd

Hi,

did you check this out? 

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/...

Cheers!

Lejla Secerbegovic - Architect and Revit Expert
http://bim-me-up.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report