Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Board & Batten Exterior Finish

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
LisaDrago
14199 Views, 9 Replies

Board & Batten Exterior Finish

Hello - Has anyone created an exterior wall that has a Board & Batten finish?
If so could you help me out? I am not sure how what is the easiest way to create it.
Thank you for your help!

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Robertc62
in reply to: LisaDrago

First you will need a fill pattern to represent the Board & Batten. I have attached one pattern file.

If this isn't what you want you can download others free from the Revit Market at www.turbosquid.com.
There are at least 90 different fill pattern files that I have made available free.

Once you have the pattern file saved, you will need to load the pattern into your project. Then create a wall material that uses that pattern on its surface, and then define a wall that uses that material.

rac
Message 3 of 10
bafassoc03
in reply to: Robertc62

Thank you so much!  I have been trying to get a straight, usable answer on this for ages now

Message 4 of 10

Several years later, and this is still a very useful post. Thank you @Robertc62!

Message 5 of 10
Base12

Thanks for this!  Apparently this is the most difficult pattern in the world to find! Haha, thanks for posting it.  If anyone who finds this wants to change the spacing of the battens, just change the numbers as shown (use notepad to edit the .pat file) in the attached screen shot.  In this case I've just doubled the original 12" spacing to 24".  It can be whatever you want.

Message 6 of 10
esommerV3ZLP

Lifesaver! Thank you! I've been looking for that file example everywhere.

Message 7 of 10
ToanDN
in reply to: esommerV3ZLP

ToanDN_0-1674595899365.png

You might want to thank the person provided the answer - RobertC62. 

Message 8 of 10
RhadidiK9FZY
in reply to: Robertc62

Thanks for the file! This is super helpful, @Robertc62 .
I am using this answer more than a decade later, and turbosquid has evolved since then. It seems to only hold 3D models now and Revit Families. Is there another website that has a library of .pat files for users to download?

Message 9 of 10
trombeNZ

Dear Lisa Drago,

Only recently did I finally get to access PyRevit.

I can tell you that the day you install PyRevit, is the day you say goodbye to accessing or making (,.pat) files from the web.  

The means to create your own any kind of hatch pattern lies within PyRevit for free and it is super easy to make surface patterns  . no more 1s and 0s, no syntax no lines of strings of numbers,  just draw whatever you intend and with a couple of clicks PyRevit turns that into a model pattern or a drafting pattern for you and adds it to your project file  and you can save them out.

It is a revelation for (.pat) file creation and access and  the people who made it and made it free deserve the biggest thanks and mega hand claps.

Message 10 of 10
AnaVelaquez
in reply to: trombeNZ

cierto, aqui un video de como hacerlo en py revit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report