Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black screen shows after rendering

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
xxelio_15xx
5190 Views, 13 Replies

Black screen shows after rendering

Hello!

I've been having issues with cameras that after rendering turn inot black images. I've tried moving its position, changing the height at which it was placed, turning on and off Sun path. Now , this happens with the last 3 cameras I've placed. When I render other cameras the images turn out fine. What is the problem here? I'd be grateful if someone can solve this problem.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
L.Maas
in reply to: xxelio_15xx

Can be many things. Most obvious are:

-Render settings.

-Cameras inside object (e.g. wall).

-Camera in a closed room without lights.

Maybe you can upload (part) of your project?

(In that case make sure that after stripping your project the problem stil exisis)

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 14
xxelio_15xx
in reply to: L.Maas

Thanks for oyur quick response. 

I've double checked the settings, or if it's inside an object. It's an exterior image. What I did instead was copying a camera that renders well and copied it onto another view and then changed heights and renders well. Does it have to do seomthing with the properties of the camera I just copied? I erased the non functional cameras.

Message 4 of 14
L.Maas

Then I would first look at render settings of the working and non-working cameras and see if there are differences

Louis

EESignature

Message 5 of 14
xxelio_15xx

No differences, I have doubled checked. It's been a pain.
Message 6 of 14
xxelio_15xx

And now my previous cameras have the same problem. I have no problems when I render in cloud. I don't know what to do.

Message 7 of 14
L.Maas

Can you upload (part of ) your project, so that we can check?

If you strip out things, make sure the issue remains.

If your file is too large to upload here you could use dropbox or simialr and post the link

Louis

EESignature

Message 8 of 14
xxelio_15xx

Here is the link to Mega:

https://mega.co.nz/#!ewMmmTwD!vcMk-Cnkl5sFiXObIQ2Heik8BVeEWGSwZvNK28ZsQEQ

Thank you in advance

Message 9 of 14
L.Maas

Ok, I looked at your project. I think the subject of your post should change a litle bit.....Black screen shows before rendering.

What I noticed that when you press render, Revit starts to setup the render. Before it starts with the actual rendering it 'crashes' and shows a black screen.

I did a little bit further investigation. I removed a large part of the model. As soon as I did this the render started to show up.

3D View 1.jpg

So this quick test indicated to a memory problem.

I followed up by bringing back the models but using visibility overrides to switch off unnecessary categories.

I also switched on and resized a section box to limit the render to a limited part of the model.

3D View 1.1.jpg

Louis

EESignature

Message 10 of 14
xxelio_15xx

Oh Dear sir, thanks; you truly are the MVP
How do I turn off unnecessary categories?

Message 11 of 14
L.Maas

When in the 3D View you want to render select visbility graphics/overrides from the property browser. Deselect categories that are not visible in the current view. In this case think of categories like furniture, casework etc (items normally only on inside of the building).

Depending on your project setup it might also be possible to hide items by using filters.

Louis

EESignature

Message 12 of 14
xxelio_15xx

Thank you very much for your help. 

Though I'm limited right now by my PC's capacity, thanks for your response in every question I've had.
You sir are indeed the MVP.

Thank you very much

Message 13 of 14
Seychellian

Hi,

Just offering my experience, I was having this same problem and couldn't work it out.

Then I realised that my camera was inside a conceptual mass from an a linked file.

I hid the element and it the file rendered perfectly.

Hopefully that helps someone.

Message 14 of 14
john5ZT6E

Hello, hope everyone is doing! 

I have reached the "black" render on a project when I was adjusting finish colors. 

I cycled through ctrl+z, ctrl+shift+z doing renders trying to find the error, even opened a back up version. All states of the project are now rendering an all black image. 

I just saved my project, reopened it, and rendered again and the rendered view looks fine! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report