Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill of Material / Cost calculation for furniture family

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
cekuhnen
1413 Views, 1 Reply

Bill of Material / Cost calculation for furniture family

Hi there,

I am new to Revit so please forgive me asking this.

I work in Industrial design, and deal also with furniture and we were curious if Revit could do the following two:

1. Create a family where you have options to select from such as:

with glider, without glider

with arm, without arm

meaning in a family you have all parts inserted as options to select from

2. Can Revit based on the imported CAD model and or if possible the created part options calculate a bill of materials the finale price for the furniture combination?

Thank you very much

Claas

Claas Kuhnen

Faculty Industrial Design – Wayne State Universit

Chair Interior Design – Wayne State University

Owner studioKuhnen – product : interface : design

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi Claas,

from my previous experience, as I remember,  it can be done as follows:

in Family where you edit the furniture object :

•  Manager > Object Styles > Modify Subcategories > Create Subcategories . Define here all the subobject you desire. 
  • Make then subobjects as Extrusion, Sweeps or any other and from  Properties >Identity Data > Subcategory choose for every one a subcategory to be identified with
  • select a subcategory > Properties >Graphics > Visible > Associate Family Parameters > Add Parameter > Yes/No parameters - with this you will control the visibility in Project and Schedule

.  2.

in Family Editor:

• define Shared Parameters for Subcategories,as Length, width, Areas or Material , etc
  • once in Project ,  these Shared Parameters appear in Schedules and can be used to calculate prices per subcategories and per total
  • I am not sure that this will work with imported .dwg files. Anyway , if the .dwg has Layers per Subobjects so to be turn into subcategories , that can be controled in a way...not sure as much because I haven't test it....

Constantin

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report