Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Practise for Shared Coordinates for very large Masterplans

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
bimandict
461 Views, 1 Reply

Best Practise for Shared Coordinates for very large Masterplans

Hi,

I can't find a thread that is addressing the Shared Coordinates for Masterplans over 33km in diameter, So lets start a discussion here.

Im from the school who use a Site model to publish coordinates from. So this will be my starting point. Also this is not in relation to a particular project yet, more like planning a head (yes I have time for this :)).

So I have created a test project and I have shared the Test OS dwg here. Its in mm and has different building shapes in each corner at different angles.

The starting point idea in short is to:

Set up my Site\Link my Survey\using Specify coordinates at point\moving SP and BP\linking and positioning buildings\publish.

We (in the industry) obviously have the issues with house types and rotations and shared walls etc. But before we get to that, what is the best practice for managing surveys and coordinates on city size sites?

Do we look at the problem from a different angle? Do we need shared coordinates at all if we are building a new city?

(Lets not go in to details on collaboration between offices and data management. . . yet)

But even if we don't, we still need to split the city plan up for Revit to handle it.  So do we model by city districts or by a grid set at 1600m?

Please share your experience and questions regarding this.

Regards,

Jimi Clarke

BIM Manager - London
Microsoft Cloud Services Partner
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
bimandict
in reply to: bimandict

Just for info:

I have published the coordinates from the site model to the square building.

I now need to unclip and place the BP at the common SP and BP marked on the test OS.

I get the attached message.

So, I left the BP at startup location. Made sure I had the correct coordinates N&E on the SP and SP being located at the OS SP, BP location. Exported to DWG with shared coordinates.

It exported correctly.

I will test with the square and the round building tomorrow.

Regards,

Jimi Clarke

BIM Manager - London
Microsoft Cloud Services Partner

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report