Active Contributor
trevorpan
Message 1 of 5 (443 Views)
Accepted Solution

Best Practice: Slabs / Floors

443 Views, 4 Replies
01-16-2014 09:36 AM

Hi,

My goal is to model a slab and underlayments so that any section, represents good linework-rather than change it in each view. It is Revit, right?

I've created a typical floor slab in a cold climate. 4" concrete, vapor barrier, 2" insulation, 4" abc, subgrade. Under Visibility/Graphics you can control some lines, but I have found it impossible to bold the slab and have hatches, lines below be thin lines.

So, for a view specific section I can change this with linework.  However, if I create another floor type to have the concrete "thick lines" and underlayments "thin lines" the vv overides all of them!

Suggestions?

Trevor Pan

Trevor Pan
trevorpan.com

Try these steps:

1. In Host Layer Line Styles there is a note which I underlined in red.... 
  2. following the underlined from 1 - : Manage > Object Styles > Model Objects > Floor - expand (+) > Common Edges - make changes for Line Width - Cut

step1

Image 2.png

step 2

Image 3.png

*Expert Elite*
constantin.stroescu
Message 2 of 5 (426 Views)

Re: Best Practice: Slabs / Floors

01-16-2014 10:22 AM in reply to: trevorpan

hi,

there is a better method but also per View.

In your Section View : Properties > Visibilty / Graphics Overrides > Edit > Model Categories > Override Host Layers - check Cut Line Styles >Edit > Host Layer Line Styles - make changes here as you want for entities that contan layers......The settings are only for this  View , but you can resolve this problem by using View Templates   in your Template File...

Image 418.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Active Contributor
trevorpan
Message 3 of 5 (399 Views)

01-16-2014 01:16 PM in reply to: trevorpan

Constantin,

Thank you very much.

While it seems to have solved the bottom line, for some reason the rigid insulation shows at lineweight 2 (a guess).  But it is thicker. 

Any ideas on this?

Trevor

Trevor Pan
trevorpan.com
*Expert Elite*
constantin.stroescu
Message 4 of 5 (379 Views)

01-16-2014 11:20 PM in reply to: trevorpan

Try these steps:

1. In Host Layer Line Styles there is a note which I underlined in red.... 
  2. following the underlined from 1 - : Manage > Object Styles > Model Objects > Floor - expand (+) > Common Edges - make changes for Line Width - Cut

step1

Image 2.png

step 2

Image 3.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Active Contributor
trevorpan
Message 5 of 5 (356 Views)

01-17-2014 09:24 AM in reply to: constantin.stroescu
You are a distinguished mentor.
Trevor Pan
trevorpan.com
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.