Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Mouse for Revit Architecture?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dvy_jones_locker
9818 Views, 1 Reply

Best Mouse for Revit Architecture?

I am fairly new to revit 2013.  I've upgraded my laptop & monitor, now I am in the market for a new mouse. The only buttons I find myself using on the keyboard besides distances is the delete, escape, shift, & ctrl buttons, so I'm looking for a mouse that I can assign all these commands to.  I've really enjoyed using the program so far, the only function I find annoying is orbiting in 3d.  I don't understand the shift button must be used with the scroll & why you simply cant just hold down the scroll to orbit.  I thought about getting a 3dconnexion mouse, but really didn't see the point if I still have to use a regular mouse with it, seems 95% of the time using the program is in the ribbon panel. I also thought maybe a trackball might be the way to go.  Ive never owned one before but figure I probably still have to use the shift command even with the ball.  I've been leaning toward a logitech MX Revolution but wasn't sure if I could still program the 4 commands I need plus still have the normal standard functions of the left click, right click, & scroll wheel.  Any suggestions? Thx

Doug Harvey
Architectural Design
ETC Engineers & Architects, Inc.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
bennie
in reply to: dvy_jones_locker

I use a gaming mouse, Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse. It has 4 additional buttons you can assign macro's or any other command to. 

But I have found with Revit, using the keyboard commands are easiest and quickest way. 

But nevertheless, go look at other Razer Mice, they are all Gaming mice obviously but they are very customizable in terms of DPI performance and macro/asigning key ability. 

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report