Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

beginners question about adding parameters

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
contsrain_me_not
186 Views, 1 Reply

beginners question about adding parameters

Hey,
I´m a fairly new user of Revit soft and I already stumbled upon a problem that I have difficulties resolve. Well, basically, I created two families. First is a door family, second is a "panel". The panel is supposed to be placed inside the hole in the door´s frame, so I added a reported parameter for that width. Then I loaded my "panel" family into the door family. In the "panel" parameters I try to put the width of the panel as equal to frame hole width, but then program shows me this information window:

I can only set those widths as equal if the first(frame hole) parameter is not reporting one, but then I cannot change the width of the door itself (as if the parameter of frame hole was locked or sth...).

Please, help!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

A couple replies at RevitForum.org to your request there pointed you to a BLOG POST, connecting nested family parameters to host parmeters and I provided a link to a door tutorial you can follow to build a complete door with nested panel, frame and hardware. Also regarding the Reporting Parameter, it can't be used as you described. What you want to do does not require that feature. Just remove the check for it and you should be able to associate the family parameters.

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report