Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beam Roof

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
GHASEM_ARIYANI
526 Views, 3 Replies

Beam Roof

Hi

I created roof like the image below:

Beam Roof.jpg

But I've spent a lot of time، Because Every one of them alongside each other with different angles got adjusted.

How can I set the parameter,In the line set them to control irregular shape,Instead one by one can adjust.

Revit File and Family Attached is.

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I suggest you to use Beam System :

1. make first an In Place Mass 
  2. then builld beams on the top of it using 3 d snaping
  3. at last, use Beam System - with the option 3d checked

Image 409.png

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Message 3 of 4

I added a few screenshots to make it more clear:

1. Create an In Place Mass - use for this two vertical named paralel Reference Planes. Then , draw a rectangle shape on one of them and an upper curved shape on the other ...Select the two shapes and then :Create Form -ok.... the form is something like in Image 1 
  2. In project > Structure > Beam > with 3 d snaping checked , Pick Lines - result four beams in closed shape - Image 2 and Image 3
  3. Structure > Beam System - from Properties check Constraints > 3d and Pattern >set Layout rule (to control the distance between beams) and Beam Type .  From Modify/ Create Beam System Boundary > Draw > Boundary Line > click Pick Supports and click on the beams created in step 2 - Image 4 ..Take care of Beam Direction to be oriented corectly...
  4. The result will be something like in Image 5
Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Message 4 of 4

Hi

Thank you Constantin

Because of you answered my questions with patience.

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report