Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beam Length & schedule Problem

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
339 Views, 2 Replies

Beam Length & schedule Problem

Dear Guys, 

We are doing fabrication of precast concrete components in revit. I have a situation where there two beams facing each other with gap of 7.5 mm. but when we model this revit automatically joins the end faces of the two beams together and maintaining the gap becomes impossible. Right now we are making it possible by introducing a void by using structure by face shaft option which is affecting the length of the beam in schedule. Please advice on this issue.

Regards,

Raj Kumar U.A.E

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dbroad
in reply to: Anonymous

Could you use the start and end cutbacks and start and end extensions instead of voids?  Then you could add a calculated field to the schedule which would account for those to report the actual length.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: dbroad

Actually I Created With NIb in Beam. If I Use the CUtbacks the Beam will stopped in front of NIb It Will Not Coming Near to beam. Thats why i changed like this in beam i cant solve try some other options availble please help to me 

Thanks & REgards

Raj Kumar U.A.E

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report