Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basement ceiling plan not showing up correctly

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
RedClayAssociates
949 Views, 3 Replies

Basement ceiling plan not showing up correctly

I  am new to Revit and been doing some tutorials.     I created a residence with  mulitiple  levels .   Top of plate, first floor , top of foundation , top of footing, etc.   The one i created for ceiling plan is just below the level " top of foundation"  But when it's displayed it is showing the first floor plan.  I double checked the level  heights in section and the underlay and visbility settings.   All other levels appear correctly.  I know it something simple, just cant seem to figure it out   

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Did you adjust the view range? That sets the limits of where the camera views to and also where the cut plane is. I would also check to make sure you have no underlays in the view (I think you already checked that).

usually it is a view range thing and playing around with those values does it for me most of the time.

Message 3 of 4

dTdesign

That worked.   Thank you.  Had to try a lot of adjustment combinations to get it right.   I do not completely understand all the settings   Will need to spend more time learning about the view range command.  

Message 4 of 4

I used (and still use) AutoCAD Architecture - believe me, that view range thing was difficult to figure out. I wouldn't have figured it out in Revit if I hadn't cursed and screamed so much at it in AutoCAD Architecture - they kinda go hand in hand.

But, now you know and it should be smooth sailing from this point on...

Glad I was able to help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report