Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Base of stairs visible through floor

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
AlexDT
4063 Views, 9 Replies

Base of stairs visible through floor

See attachment.

I can't figure out why the bas is visible through the floor :s while the middel  part is not. The part where you can see the color of the stairs is cut out of the floor.

Did anyone had similar problems?

Alex

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
AlexDT
in reply to: AlexDT

Don't forget me! 😞

Message 3 of 10
jbh
Contributor

Try adjusting view range. Also stair visibility is related to what level the view is associated with, can also effect vis.

You may also be able to tab through and select the base component of the stair and hide it in view.
Message 4 of 10
AlexDT
in reply to: jbh

Hi JBH,

View range doesnt change it.... It never was a problem before and I didnt change anything about the view range.

How can I associate the stairs with a level other than make the base start on a certain level?

Tab only switches between the whole stairs and the railing... What I ment with 'base of the stairs' was just the lower part (as you can see in the attachment in my original post).

Other suggestions :(?

Thanks anyway

Message 5 of 10
jbh
Contributor

Hi Alex,

Could you post a section along the stair showing all levels so i can fully understand the modeling?

Message 6 of 10
AlexDT

This should be it. Seems normal right?

(Apart from it not being useful hahaha... but dont mind that its not important)

Message 7 of 10
jbh
Contributor

Ok a few things to check.
View range cut plan on first floor.

I would adjust the stair heights so they connect with a level. I understand that it's not a priority for your stairs to work yet but it could fix the problem.

If these don't work, I would need to have the file to work it out.

Message 8 of 10
AlexDT

Hey, been a while 🙂

I attached a file where it occures. (To make the level work I made 2 stairs and hid a different one on the two levels).

It worked when I made the number of threads equal to the amount that was needed, but it never was a problem in previous files. 

See what you can find or else its probably a glitch somewhere!
Thanks in advance mayne!

http://www.wetransfer.com/downloads/ba75ce0799d9c99f973d85d61b68e85a20130118133112/3c4bcb8cbe36cce99...

Message 9 of 10
infoTJWZL

having the same issue. any suggestions?

Message 10 of 10
ToanDN
in reply to: infoTJWZL

Start your own thread.  This is a necro thread.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report