Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Base Extension Property

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
PSBrown
8909 Views, 6 Replies

Base Extension Property

On a simple exterior wood frame wall type, I can't seem to figure out how to activate the base extension property; it is greyed out. How do I activate this parameter so I can extend the exterior sheathing of the wall past (below) the rim joist?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
loboarch
in reply to: PSBrown

You need to unloack the layers of the wall you wan tto extend.  In the type properties dialog, edit the structure of the wall.  Click "Modify" in the lower section of the editing dialog.  Then you can click on the edge in the wall preview and "unlock" the wall layers.  Once you do this the base extension property for the wall will no longer be gray.

unlock_layers.png

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 3 of 7
PSBrown
in reply to: loboarch

Thanks Jeff. Much help. Now I have a similar question with a roof. I'll post a new thread.

PB

Message 4 of 7
and01436
in reply to: loboarch

Help. I followed the steps you explain above to activate the base extension option in the properties panel, but when I click on my wall, and go to Edit Type, then edit Structure, the Modify button is grayed out. Why is the modify button grayed out? I am using a very simple generic 6" stucco wall. No other materials other than the 6" stucco wall make up this wall type.  Can someone help me with this?

Message 5 of 7
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: and01436

Welcome to the forum.

At the lower left corner of the dialog box shown above, make sure that you 1) open the preview window, and 2) set the view of the preview to be "Section: Modify type". Only then, the Modify button becomes available.

2016-08-09_23-30-22.jpg

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 6 of 7
and01436
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Wow, I would have never figured that out on my own. I am brand new to Revit. Thank you so much!  I really appreciate the help!

Message 7 of 7
jelanibyrd
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

So helpful! Really appreciate it! 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report