Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baluster Panels - Please Help

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jillkostolanyi
731 Views, 3 Replies

Baluster Panels - Please Help

Hi, 

I'm trying to make a custom baluster panel for my project. I have attached a PDF of what I want it to look like as well as the family file I modified/created. I started out using a baluster panel family that came with Revit and modified it from there. Now, when I try to load the panel into the project I get the error that it cannot be created. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Please, any help/advice is very much appreciated!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
L.Maas
in reply to: jillkostolanyi

When I look at your family I see that it does not 'flex'. Normally when you change family parameters the model should flex. In case of your family you have parameters for things like slope and height. However when I try to change the values the family 'breaks'. You should modify your family so it does not break.

I would advise to read up on family creation. A good starting point would be autodesk itself like HERE.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 4
jillkostolanyi
in reply to: L.Maas

So I read into making families. I created this baluster panel from Revit's baluster panel template family. Still, when I load it into my project the 'metal infill panel' part of the baluster panel is not showing correctly. I have attached a picture of a screen shot from my Revit project as well as the rfa family. Please help. 

Message 4 of 4

Here is the screen shot. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report