Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baluster Panels - Can they be drawn with sweeps?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Jason_S
1418 Views, 1 Reply

Baluster Panels - Can they be drawn with sweeps?

I have a stair railing I am trying to create and have not had any success (see Attached image).  It is round bars with a couple different branches hanging out.

Is this something that would be easiest to create as generic model and nest inside the Baluster Panel family?  I am looking for options or suggestions to get this accomplished.

Thanks for your help and thoughts.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ryan.duell
in reply to: Jason_S

A few approaches to consider:

1.  Baluster Panel Family

Extrusion in Baluster Panel family, or nested generic model in baluster panel family.  It might take some adjustment between the project and family, but this is definitely a possibility.  If the railing geometry is curved or breaks to many landings this method may make sense more than #2.

2.  Model this as In-Place Component in Project

If the stair is relatively finalized, you may consider creating an in-place component in the project.  You should be able to set the active work plane to a face on the railing, and then model this condition as needed.  This may be the easiest method to create this type of geometry.

I hope some of this may be helpful; if you have any follow-up questions let us know.

Thank you,

Ryan Duell

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report