Revit Architecture

Revit Architecture

Distinguished Mentor
786 Posts
41 Kudos
Post 1 of 2

Baluster Panels - Can they be drawn with sweeps?

869 Views, 1 Replies
03-10-2011 07:47 AM

I have a stair railing I am trying to create and have not had any success (see Attached image).  It is round bars with a couple different branches hanging out.

Is this something that would be easiest to create as generic model and nest inside the Baluster Panel family?  I am looking for options or suggestions to get this accomplished.

Thanks for your help and thoughts.

Employee
735 Posts
26 Kudos
Post 2 of 2

Re: Baluster Panels - Can they be drawn with sweeps?

03-15-2011 06:18 AM in reply to: Caddman13

A few approaches to consider:

1.  Baluster Panel Family

Extrusion in Baluster Panel family, or nested generic model in baluster panel family.  It might take some adjustment between the project and family, but this is definitely a possibility.  If the railing geometry is curved or breaks to many landings this method may make sense more than #2.

2.  Model this as In-Place Component in Project

If the stair is relatively finalized, you may consider creating an in-place component in the project.  You should be able to set the active work plane to a face on the railing, and then model this condition as needed.  This may be the easiest method to create this type of geometry.

I hope some of this may be helpful; if you have any follow-up questions let us know.

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Autodesk, Inc.

Revit Clinic
@revitclinic

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the future of the Autodesk Community? To participate in this brief usability study, please click here. Your time and input is greatly appreciated!