Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BALUSTER PANEL - Not Showing in Project properly

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jillkostolanyi
932 Views, 3 Replies

BALUSTER PANEL - Not Showing in Project properly

Hi, 

I created a baluster panel from Revit's library of family templates - the baluster panel template. I had no issues, warnings, etc. while making the family and everything looked as I wanted. However, I loaded the baluster panel into my project and for some reason the panel is broken looking. I have uploaded the rfa file and a screen shot of what I am talking about. Please help. Thank you. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
alan.quinn
in reply to: jillkostolanyi

I found many issues in your baluster family. Any of which will cause and issue when you try to use it in your project. The overall concept is a nice one but I would be reluctant about using such a complex system. Many voids in Revit are generally not a good idea. Mixing this with a baluster family is simply going to compound the issue. I'm not sure if you created this from scratch but the Back and Front Reference Planes (when looking in Left View) do not control the overall length of the panel. If you open the out of the box Baluster Panel 1. rfa in Railings > Balusters and look at the Left view, you will notice that moving the Back an Front Reference Planes have a direct effect on the panel. It will either get longer of shorter depending on what was you are moving.

I suggest starting over with the aboved mention out of the box family and only making one changes at a time, then load into project, make sure it works, then and only then moving on to the next change. I hope this helps and let me know if you have any follow up questions or comments.

Thanks for posting.

Message 3 of 4
jillkostolanyi
in reply to: alan.quinn

I understand what you are saying. However, how do you suggest I would achieve such and intricate pattern? It needs to be made to look exactly like the manufacturer's product. 

Message 4 of 4
alan.quinn
in reply to: jillkostolanyi

We cannot train on the application but one suggestion would be to use a solid panel and call out the pattern/how you want it built in 2D Detail Views. Given how complex the pattern is, if you do model it, you may run into performance issues. Revit is good at many things but cutting thousands of little holes is not recommended practice. Beyond that I'm not sure what else I can offer. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report