Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balluster Top & Btm Justification

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
RudyBeuc
279 Views, 1 Reply

Balluster Top & Btm Justification

Another "What Am i Doing Wrong? " situation.

Please see the attached project. I can't get the curved iron balluster to land ing the middel of the boards it's supposed to be mounted to.. Benn banging my head on this for the past few hours and had a few beers during the efforts so my apoligies for any stupidity beforehand.

Thanks,

Rudy Beuc

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: RudyBeuc

It is kind of strange. However, one possible solution is this:

Create a baluster family, starting from a Baluster-post template. For some reason, your baluster family is using a panel template, not a Baluster-panel template. Make the top of the baluster pass over the top plane a distance that is equal to half the height of the rail. In my example, that distance is 2.5", since the height of the rail is 5". Do the same at the bottom, making the baluster pass the reference level the same 2.5" below the plane.

Also, for the rail profile family, you can use a Profie-rail template. For some reason, you are using a Profile-hosted template.

Those two families, combined with the proper offset value for the baluster at the main pattern, do work correctly to place the baluster at the center of the rails.

See illustration.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report