Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autosave Acad style?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Jenb
285 Views, 5 Replies

Autosave Acad style?

Does Revit have an Autosave function which I am overlooking? You know how it goes: You get involved, don't watch the time and...... POWER FAILURE!!
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
andrewg07
in reply to: Jenb

Yes. Go to Settings / General dialog, & you can set the reminder interval there. It'll then prompt you to save at the interval selected.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

However, Revit also has the journal files. These record ever movement in Revit and can be used to recover information from the last autosave to the power failure. "aggockel" wrote in message news:33039479.1102424698945.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Yes. Go to Settings / General dialog, & you can set the reminder interval there. It'll then prompt you to save at the interval selected.
Message 4 of 6
Jenb

Thanx for responding,this seems to be the answer. Can you just open the latest journal file or do you somehow have to recover the data?
The last time this happened, I looked at the journal files, but it seemed as if there was also data missing. I apologize if the question seems simple, but I am blond!
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

lol, no it's not a simple question and answer isn't all that obvious.... to use a journal file you drag it on top of the revit icon on you desktop...then sit back and watch the fun 😉 Most of the time it will take you right up to where the error occurred, then let you go on from there. It doesn't always work though. -Z "Jenb" wrote in message news:9302350.1102443529350.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Thanx for responding,this seems to be the answer. Can you just open the latest journal file or do you somehow have to recover the data? > The last time this happened, I looked at the journal files, but it seemed as if there was also data missing. I apologize if the question seems simple, but I am blond!
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

The main reason journal files don't always run is that the model has changed on disk since the beginning of the session. For example, suppose you have the files: a.rvt (implicitly version 8), a.0006.rvt, and a.0007.rvt. You start a revit session and retrieve a.rvt. You make some changes and then save. Now you have a.rvt (implicitly version 9), a.0008.rvt and a.0007.rvt. You do some more in your session and then it crashes. If you try running the journal, it will start by retrieving a.rvt, which is impliclty version 9, when it expects to get version 8. If you saved during the session that crashed then you will probably run into this problem. The solution is either: 1) Rename a.rvt to something else, say a.new (don't delete it in case something goes wrong). Rename a.0008.rvt (or whichever version was current at the time the session started) to a.rvt. Then run the journal file. 2) Or, try to edit the journal file to remove everything between the time you originally retrieved the file and the last time you saved it. "Christopher Zoog" wrote in message news:41b5face$1_1@newsprd01... > lol, no it's not a simple question and answer isn't all that obvious.... > to > use a journal file you drag it on top of the revit icon on you > desktop...then sit back and watch the fun 😉 Most of the time it will > take you right up to where the error occurred, then let you go on from > there. It doesn't always work though. > > -Z > "Jenb" wrote in message > news:9302350.1102443529350.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... >> Thanx for responding,this seems to be the answer. Can you just open the > latest journal file or do you somehow have to recover the data? >> The last time this happened, I looked at the journal files, but it seemed > as if there was also data missing. I apologize if the question seems > simple, > but I am blond! > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report